Friday, August 5, 2011

That Person at the Gym

I have been taking my "ABS CORE AND MORE" class for a few months now, and I must say I am starting to look less like a fool (still can't do a push up to save my life....but were getting there). I remember the first time I went, and an old lady came up to my friend and I after and told us we were "Refreshing" to watch. Wasn't sure how to take that, so I took it as a compliment :D

So I wake up at 5:30 every Tuesday to make it to the gym for their 6am class. I never judge people at the gym, I think that's wrong. No matter your age, or size, or ability, we are all there to better ourselves and that is all that matters.

Well, I broke my rule this week. I judged a girl at the gym (and now I'm blogging about her haha). She is useless and annoying. Please let me explain.

I get there and we are all getting out mats and dumb bells and abs balls, and this lady is walking around huffing and puffing. "Great" I thought to myself "whoever ends up beside this girl is going to be lucky enough to hear her do this the entire class". Well, that lucky person... was me.

We are sitting on the abs balls just warming up, literally just swinging our arms in circles and she is freaking doing labor breathing!! I've clearly never been in labor, but according to movies where you do the stupid annoying breath in breath out (with sound effects)...ya she had that going on.

So then when we actually starting working out, clearly that gets worse. I can understand a grunt, or a groan from time to time. Heck, if your not grunting and groaning you need to be working harder! However, I don't think there is any reason to be flat out SCREAMING while your doing a sit up.

The teacher then told us to get into partners (I almost ended up with her :S). Thankfully I didn't, because at 6am, I really cant handle screaming (once again, hence I have no kids).

I'm paired with this other nice lady. So we are doing our partner stuff, passing medicine balls back and forth and what not. Then the next drill I offered to go first. I laid on the ground while my partner stood at my head. I held on to her ankles and lifted my legs up, while she would push them back to the ground. I did not bad. Then we switched.

I stood up, she grabbed on to my ankles. Stopped. Then grabbed on to my shoes.

Then is when I realize I totally didn't shave my legs...for a SUPER long time.

Once again, I'm "That person at the gym"

No comments:

Post a Comment