Sunday, July 24, 2011

I Get What I Want

Bold statement, I know. I don't mean this in like a super wench kinda way. I mean it in like a "If you screw me over your totally going to know about it" (See this blog Here if you don't know what I mean).

Earlier this week I had to stop at Safeway and grab something really quick. Instead of bringing in my entire purse I decided to just grab my Safeway card, American Express, and Airmiles! So I go in, grab my few things and go to check out. After standing in line, my card wont work. I have no idea why, but the cashier just keeps trying it, and saying its not working. She was also new and didn't know what to do after that. Super embarrassing as I had to go out to my car, find my debit card, and stand in line AGAIN.

Then the other day I go in with a gift card. Again, I just needed a few things so I didn't bring in my purse. I decided to not bring in another form of payment, because then I would have purposely spent more than the gift card (Yes, that's me budgeting, I'm super good at it!). I went to self check out, and for some reason my gift card is not working. I hadn't used it yet, so I wasn't sure what was wrong. The cashier watching over the self check out tills was flirting with cashier at the express lane (normally would not have bothered me, I think I'm sort of a nice person, but today I was irritated, and in a HUGE rush, so I didn't really have time to listen to their fake laughs and plans for Friday night). The following conversation went something like this:
Me: "Um...HI?"
Cashier chick: "Hi?"
Me: looks down at the till, back at her.. "This isn't working"
Cashier chick: "Oh, haha. Is that a gift card?"
Me: Looks at the gift card, back at her "Um...yup"
Cashier Chick: "Oh ya, those don't work today. I don't know whats wrong" Then she continues on with her conversation with boy from express lane.
Me: About ready to slap this girl "Um ya hi, still here. What do you mean they aren't working? Like, not at this till? Or not at all?"
Cashier Chick: "Oh not at all, they haven't worked all day"
Me: "Thanks for letting me know the first 2 times I swiped the card, and waited for it to register."

Was probably not the best "Kinsley Moment" but come on! I swear, stupid people are placed in my life just to test my sanity. One day someone is going to get hurt, and all I will be able to say is "They were stupid, it was bound to happen."

Anyways, this is not a rant on stupid people, that would take forever (perhaps I will write a book). So I go back to Safeway to get some cheese, and make sure their gift cards are working (and the stupid cashier chick wasn't lol). I get to the till, go to pay, and my gift card was like $3 something short. What? I hadn't used it yet! Then I remembered that the amount it was missing was the exact amount that the bill came to the other day when it wouldn't work. I told the cashier about what happened, and she said she couldn't do anything about it, and I would need to pay the difference and talk to the supervisor.

I explained everything to the supervisor (left out the little love fest, I didn't want to get myself worked up). She apologized, said she wasn't really sure how to fix it either, but she would give us a $5 gift card to make up for it. Awesome!! I love making money off of stupid people!

But then this brings me back to the point of someone somewhere is now out $2. Dang it! There is no winning. New plan, eliminate stupid people! Save $2...I think it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment