Saturday, May 21, 2011

Fat people know their fat, Ugly people know their ugly

This is not a comical blog post, this is a rant. For all of you faithful followers, feel free to skip this one. I just need to rant to feel better.

I have had acne since I was 12 years old. I'm not talking like a zit here and there, I'm talking like I was beat with the ugly stick. Whatever, wasn't a huge deal when I was 12. At that time, if I DIDN'T have acne I would be an outcast. But lets get real here, I'm 21 (in a few days) I think it's time.

Why the sudden need to rant? Oh, allow me to tell you.

So earlier this week I was meeting with a new patient at my work (in my nice to fancy office, that's the upside of this post). He was an African gentleman who had a very strong accent and was very straight forward with things. So we were discussing the importance of regular dental cleanings, and some interesting things about our office when mid conversation he stops and says "Wo wo wo, is that ring a marriage ring??" I told him yes and he replied with "Oh that's to bad. I very like you. But, Why haven't you done anything to fix your face?" WHAT?!? Are you kidding me? Did you seriously just say that to me after proclaiming your love to me?? The rest of the conversation when like this:
"Oh "Bob", trust me, I have tried it all"
"Have you tried the proactive?"
"Yes, I have tried the proactive, it didn't work"
"Ya I see the proactive didn't work! It works so good on the television"
I'm not really sure how the rest of the conversation went after that, as I was basically focusing on two things. Not crying, and keeping myself from slapping him and giving him a lesson on what is culturally acceptable to discuss with strangers.

I went home that night really upset. I joked about it with people from work, but on the inside, I was pissed. I layed in bed that night and thought of all the times children have asked me why I have mosquito bites on my face, or why I have the chicken pox. All the times I had family members try to tell me I need to change my diet, or wash my face more. All the money I have spent on lotions, and face washs, and prescription creams and medications. And when after all of those things didn't work when I went to see a dermatologist who told me he couldn't help me until my face cleared up (also a time I had to keep myself from slapping someone. Obviously if it was cleared up, I would not have been talking to him).

So after a little pitty party I decided that I was going to start tanning again. It seems to always make it a little better. So off to Fabutan I went.

I tan very easy. I came to work the next day and almost everyone had noticed I was a little darker (after 8 mins. Money well spent lol). I was still really upset about the previous conversation with my African buddy, but I was starting to get past that. UNTIL someone that I worked with came in and said "Your looking rather tanned, now we just have to figure out what to do about your face." Really? Like really?!?! Do you not know that I am fully aware of the conditions of my face! Had I been holding something it may have flown across the room.

Yet another pitty party was in order. Makita and I had a little girls night with a few tears and a nice nap.

I have tried EVERYTHING. Like, honestly, if it's out there, I have tried it. And I have had good results with a lot of things. But the problem is as soon as I stop, the good results end. I'm sorry but I refuse to be on accutain for the rest of my life. Or have a chemical peel and have my face fall off every weekend.

I decided I was going to go to the natural foods store and find a solution there. While I was there looking at things, another stranger decided to point out my acne.

I realize people are trying to help. But give me a freaking break. Pointing out the problem is not help, I am well aware that its there. I don't go up to obese people and be like "Oh wow you are HUGE, you should try to diet."

Please consider this my warning to the world. If one more person sees the need to inform me or my ugly face, I will punch theirs, and cut off mine.

End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment