Sunday, April 3, 2011

Just Another Rainy Saturday

This past Saturday I offered to work at one of our "Sister Offices." Now, even though this office is only about a block away from the office I work at, I have never been there. I have been told that Saturdays at that office are rather slow and stress free, so I was kind of excited.

I got there before everyone else so I could walk around and familiarize myself with the building a little bit. The day was going SOO great! It was a bit more busy that we had planned because we had a few emergency patients come in. Also, the assistant had the flu, and couldn't find anyone to cover for her, so every once in awhile she would have to get up to go to the bathroom and puke (what a dedicated employee).

The day was cold, and wet. Snowing and very slushy outside. Have you ever had a little leak in the roof on days like that? Where you put a bucket down and listen to that slow annoying drip until it is fixed??

Ya, Saturday was not that day. I'm sitting at my desk thinking how awesome it is that I am getting paid over time, and basically just relaxing! I all off the sudden I hear a DOWN POUR! I look over to see a waterfall coming in through the ceiling. I call Brandon in a panic and say "Come! Quickly! Bring our towels! All of them!!!!" I call my office manager telling her she needs to get to the office right now! Brandon comes with towels and starts running through the building to shut off all the internal water. We send our patients home, because obviously with no water there isn't a lot we can do. I call my office manager again, in more of a panic. She starts to get mad at me because I locked the front door, and tells me she just received ANOTHER emergency call and they are on their way over. SERIOUSLY!?!?! THE ONLY WATER WE HAVE IN THE BUILDING IS THE WATER POURING THROUGH THE ROOF! I tell her to just get here. I believe we have this conversation every 5 or so minutes until she showed up, with only a few towels.

My manager is a faithful blog follower of mine. She (along with everyone else who has ever heard me tell a story) thinks I exaggerate slightly. It's not exaggerating. I don't think its fair that just because I find things to be important that perhaps other people don't, that makes me an exaggerator. ANYWAYS, I think she thought this was one of those time.

Until, she walked in and saw this:
Yes, feel free to look at that for a moment or two. Those buckets would fill to the BRIM every ten minutes. Please notice the steady stream. As my manager walked in she literally just stood there and looked at it, and then began apologizing saying she had no idea it was this bad. Even when I describe it to people now, words mean NOTHING until you see the picture.

So that's a brief glimpse into my "Relaxing Saturday." Between being hunched over ringing out towels for 4 hours (in uncomfortable high heels), and my abs class, I was in SO much pain Saturday night I contemplated going to the hospital (no exaggeration there btw). Every muscle in my body throbbed. I was in pain all Saturday night, all Sunday, and was about ready to call into work on Monday.

Thankfully my darling Husband made me a muscle repair shake, and I was feeling much better by Monday. On the topic of my husband, I thought I should take a moment to tell him how grateful I am for him. He's the guy who drops everything to pack up ALL of our towels with out questions. He spends his ENTIRE (unpaid) Saturday afternoon helping ringing out damp towels. He then stays after half the people leave to Shop-Vac the soaking wet carpet. And once we get home, and I can't even move, he just takes care of me, makes sure that I am comfortable, and knows how much he loves me. I love you Brandon!

1 comment:

  1. Holy moly. That's all I can say. Oh and also, sounds like you got a keeper for a husband :)

    ReplyDelete